This statement is provided with the intention to comply with your right to be informed under the General Data Protection Regulation. We have also considered your rights under the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations.
Who is Little Lionhearts Nursery School?
Little Lionhearts Nursery School is a provider of education services. You can email our Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How we have collected data about you?
We may collect personal data from you when you:
- use our products or services (i.e. registering a child with us);
- use our website;
- interact with us through social media, email, post, text or phone, or use one of our cookies.
In addition, we will also collect personal data from job applicants, employees, ex-employees, associates, members, contractors and temporary employees during their recruitment screening and throughout the tenure of their employment with us.
What data we may hold about you?
We will only collect data from you when and if it is necessary for us to do so and we will only collect data that is relevant for the date processing activity.
We collect personal data about you and your child to provide care and learning that is tailored to meet your child’s individual needs. We also collect information in order to verify your eligibility for free childcare as applicable.
Personal details that we collect about your child include:
- Your child’s name, date of birth, address, health and medical needs, development needs, and any special educational needs.
Where applicable we will obtain child protection plans from social care and health care plans from health professionals.
We will also ask for information about who has parental responsibility for your child and any court orders pertaining to your child.
Personal details that we collect about you include:
- Your name, home and work addresses, phone numbers, emergency contact details, and family details.
If you apply for up to 30 hours free childcare, we will also collect:
- Your national insurance number or unique taxpayer reference (UTR), if you’re self-employed. We may also collect information regarding benefits and family credits that you are in receipt of.
Below is a list of data which we may also collect from you:
- You and your child’s Visa Data (for non-British nationals) such as passport number, passport expiry date, visa expiry date, country of birth, place of birth;
- Financial Data such as your bank account details;
- Transaction Data such as details of products and services you have obtained from us and payments made to/from us;
- Technical Data such as your internet protocol (IP) address, login data, operating system and platform;
- Marketing Data such as your marketing and communication preferences in receiving communications from us and our third parties, the technologies used, and any related correspondence;
- Usage Data such as your use of our website, performance and other communication data;
- Survey Data such as your comments and opinions provided in response to a survey.
In addition, we may collect the following additional groups of data with respect to job applicants, employees or ex-employees, contractors, and temporary employees:
- Identity Data such as proof of your identity (e.g. passport, valid driving licence or birth certificate);
- Contact Data such as information about your marital status, next of kin, dependants, personal and emergency contact details to be used in the event of an emergency;
- Recruitment Data such as details of your education, qualifications, occupation, work history, experience, referees, training and skills development; nationality, entitlement to work in the UK, criminal record (if your role requires this) and equal opportunities monitoring information;
- Employment Data such as the terms and conditions of your employment, salary or fee payments, benefits, work patterns, NI number, attendance, holidays, sickness, disciplinary or grievance issues, medical or health conditions, disabilities (for which Little Lionhearts Nursery School needs to make reasonable adjustments); and information about your vehicle, driving licence, MOT and insurance documents if you drive on company business;
- Performance Data such as performance reviews and ratings, performance development plans and related correspondence; and timesheet information;
- Activity Data such as the websites our employees visit while using a company computer or company network, and the activity logs held within company systems and databases;
- Communications Data such as the emails you send or receive via the company email system
Why are we able to process your data (lawful basis)?
- Consent – you have given consent to us for the processing of your personal data for one or more specific purposes.
- Contract – processing is necessary for the performance of a contract which you have entered with Little Lionhearts Nursery School. This could either be that we are providing a product or service to you, or to receive something from you. Examples include: employment contracts; and agreements for the provision of our products or services. We are also acting under the performance of contract if we collect or process your data for the purposes of entering into a contract, if you have expressed an interest in working with us.
- Legal obligation – we may be legally obliged to process certain data about you, for example to maintain student data for immigration compliance. In some cases, we are obliged to share personal data with third parties, such as Ofsted, Local Authority and Child Protection Services
- Vital interests – processing is necessary to protect your vital interests. For example medical and dietary details.
- Public task – processing is necessary to perform a task in the public interest with a clear basis in law.
- Legitimate interest – processing is necessary for our legitimate interests, or the legitimate interests of a third party, as long as it does not conflict with your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms. We will always balance our legitimate interest with yours before using legitimate interest as lawful basis of processing your data.
Why are we processing your data?
Your personal data is used by us to support a range of different purposes and activities. These are listed in the table below together with the types of data used and the lawful base(s) we rely on when processing them, including where appropriate, our legitimate interests. Please be aware that we may process your personal data using more than one lawful basis, depending on the specific activity involved. Please contact us if you need details about the specific lawful basis we are relying on to process your personal data where more than one basis is set out below.
|Purpose / Activity||Lawful Basis|
|To provide the products and services you required||Contract
|Internal administrative purposes – such as our accounting and records||Contract
|To send marketing communications||Legitimate interest
|For statistical purposes such as analysing the performance of our product and services||Legitimate interest|
|To respond to your queries and to resolve complaints.||Legitimate interest
|To comply with applicable laws and regulations.||Legal obligation
For job applicants, employees, ex-employees, contractors and temporary employees only:
|Purpose / Activity||Lawful Basis|
|To recruit the right people for our business, and manage their working relationship with us, including job role and responsibilities, salary or fee payments, progression, training, performance management and disciplinary or grievance procedures.||Contract
|To recruit the right people on behalf of another business.||Contract
How are we keeping your data safe?
Little Lionhearts Nursery School takes security measures in line with data protection regulations. We have security measures in place designed to prevent data loss, to preserve data integrity, and to regulate access to the data. Most data are stored with reputable specialized cloud-based third-party database and data storage providers, with state of the art security and reliable and multiple secure backups. Only authorised Little Lionhearts Nursery School employees and contractors have access to your personal data. In addition, contracts are in place with such third-party service providers acting as data processors for Little Lionhearts Nursery School that have access to your personal data, to ensure that the level of security required in your jurisdiction is in place, and that your personal data is processed only as instructed by Little Lionhearts Nursery School.
How long do we keep your personal data?
Little Lionhearts Nursery School will keep your personal data for only as long as we need to or as required by law. The exact time period for which we retain your personal data will depend on the purpose of which the data was collected. If you have an account with us, then we will hold your data until you wish to cancel your account.
Who else may we share your personal data with?
We may disclose and share your personal data with the parties set out below:
- The companies and divisions of Roxinford Education Group
- Ofsted – during an inspection or following a complaint about our service
- The Local Authority and the government’s eligibility checker (where you claim up to 30 hours free childcare as applicable)
- Government agencies, their partners and other third parties to comply with our legal obligation or public interest responsibilities (such as UKVI, Ofqual, DfE, HMRC, Magistrates Courts, Employment Tribunals and Local Authorities)
- The school that your child will be attending
- Third-party vendors, business partners or other third parties that we use to support the operation of our business. For example, to: carry out criminal or credit checks; provide IT systems and software, internet access, banking, insurance, website or hosting solutions; organise events or provide marketing and advertising services; provide training and development services; deliver employee benefits, run our payroll, and provide employee assistance;
- Suppliers such as transportation, accommodation, academic and activity providers. Please note that these suppliers may be independent data controllers and we encourage you to review the privacy notice of any third-party supplier whose products you purchase or booked through Little Lionhearts Nursery School. Suppliers may also contact you as necessary to obtain additional information about you in order to provide the required services.
- Our professional advisers including auditors, lawyers, bankers and insurers who provide professional advice, accounting, banking, legal, insurance, and pension services, or to meet our audit responsibilities;
- Where you have consented for us to do so.
We will also share your data if:
- to enforce or apply the terms and conditions of your contract with us;
- to protect your child and other children; for example by sharing information with social care or the police;
- it is necessary to protect our or others rights, property or safety
- we transfer the management of the setting, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective buyer so they may continue the service in the same way.
We require all third parties who are processing data on our behalf to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our data processors to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.